- Foreword from Head
- SCHOOL VISION AND VALUES
- Policies & Documents
- About Us
- WHY TRAIN TO BE A TEACHER WITH US?
- teaching staff
- support staff
- ADMIN STAFF
- Studio Club
- INFORMATION ON GOVERNORS
- Ofsted Report 2011
- Ofsted Inspection Letter - November 2016
- SIAMS (CHURCH) INSPECTION REPORT 2016
- CAPITATION & SCHOOL FUND
- GROWTH MINDSET AND THE 4Rs
- LEARNING POWER MUSCLES
- LEARNING WITH A GROWTH MINDSET
- SCHOOL HALL FOR HIRE
- ATTAIN The Merton Schools Partnership
The Governing Body of the School is responsible to the parents, the Richard Thornton Foundation (who own the school building), the Government, the Local Authority and the Diocese.
The main jobs of the Governing Body are:
- setting aims and policies
- ensuring all legal requirements are met
- monitoring standards of teaching and learning
- setting the budget
- interviewing and appointing staff
- acting as a link between the local community and the school
Our Governing Body is actively and enthusiastically involved in all aspects of the life of the school. Members sit on the Finance Committee, the Curriculum, Assessment and Teaching Committee (CAT) and the Personnel committee, in addition to various teams, such as the Faith Team and the Healthy Schools Team. One governor visits the school every half term, popping into lessons and talking to the children. Individual Governors have responsibility for different curriculum areas and meet and support their respective teachers twice a year. Governors also try to support the school by attendance at special events.
How to contact a Governor:
All Governor Body minutes from the meetings are available to access, please contact the school office if you wish to view them.